Some children find numeracy hard work. They struggle with mathematical concepts and often don’t like to ask for help in the classroom. For years we’ve been working with students who aren’t meeting maths achievement guidelines for their age. Our tutors help them to catch up and gain the foundational skills required for the more advanced learning that will come later. Watch Josh's Story
We often help students who are keeping up in some areas of maths, but failing in other areas. This can lead to a lack of confidence and the feeling that they’re ‘not keeping up with maths’. By identifying and targeting knowledge gaps, we help students to acquire the missing links that lead to confidence and success. Watch Jackie's Story
Children who find maths easy are our future mathematicians, scientists, engineers and inventors. They deserve as much attention as students who are struggling. If test results and school reports show that your child has a talent for numbers, we can create a program that accelerates and broadens mathematical learning. Watch Nadine's Story
About our maths tuition
- Our assessment process will identify strengths, weaknesses and gaps – information that allows us to develop a personalised tuition plan.
- Lessons are enjoyable, because we want children to look forward to after-school tuition.
- Students are involved with goal setting, which helps them to keep their eyes on the prize.
- We regularly report back to you, so you’ll know how your child is progressing.
- The content of our maths tutoring plans is linked to the school curriculum, so you can be certain that everything learned will be relevant and useful.
- Specific preparation for upcoming challenges, such as tests and exams, can be integrated with lesson plans.
- We offer advice that helps with revision plans and homework.
- We are happy to talk to the teacher about the maths tutoring program to complement work done at school.
- We’re fully conversant with the exam systems used across the country.
What people say about us
I love the way Number Works and Words have inspired my son to learn math and have made it fun for him. He actually looks forward to his lessons and has had such a boost in his overall personal confidence. That is, in itself priceless.
Since enrolling both my teenagers in NumberWorks&Words their performances in math at school has significantly improved, and what's even better, they both now enjoy the subject.
Grow at her pace
NumberWorks'nWords has been a wonderful place for my child to learn and grow at her pace. Normal maths lessons were fast paced and this had left her feeling unable to absorb and learn and her confidence shattered. She was being left behind. NumberWorks'nWords built her confidence and skills and learning soon became a breeze lifting her results to the top of the class. Thank you, you have made a very big difference to my child's life.
L & G BRENNAN
NumberWorks’nWords has been really motivating for my granddaughter. She used to hate maths but gives everything a try now.