Some children find numeracy hard work. They struggle with mathematical concepts and often don’t like to ask for help in the classroom. For years we’ve been working with students who aren’t meeting maths achievement guidelines for their age. Our tutors help them to catch up and gain the foundational skills required for the more advanced learning that will come later. Watch Josh's Story
We often help students who are keeping up in some areas of maths, but failing in other areas. This can lead to a lack of confidence and the feeling that they’re ‘not keeping up with maths’. By identifying and targeting knowledge gaps, we help students to acquire the missing links that lead to confidence and success. Watch Jackie's Story
Children who find maths easy are our future mathematicians, scientists, engineers and inventors. They deserve as much attention as students who are struggling. If test results and school reports show that your child has a talent for numbers, we can create a program that accelerates and broadens mathematical learning. Watch Nadine's Story
About our maths tuition
- Our assessment process will identify strengths, weaknesses and gaps – information that allows us to develop a personalised tuition plan.
- Lessons are enjoyable, because we want children to look forward to after-school tuition.
- Students are involved with goal setting, which helps them to keep their eyes on the prize.
- We regularly report back to you, so you’ll know how your child is progressing.
- The content of our tutoring plans is linked to the school curriculum, so you can be certain that everything learned will be relevant and useful.
- Specific preparation for upcoming challenges, such as tests and exams, can be integrated with lesson plans.
- We offer advice that helps with revision plans and homework.
- We are happy to talk to the teacher about the tutoring program to complement work done at school.
- We’re fully conversant with the exam systems used across the country.
What people say about us
Friendly, caring staff
My son has shown great improvement in Maths since being tutored here. They are caring, friendly & approachable and show a genuine interest in my son's abilities and how to get the best out of him. My son actually enjoys his weekly tutoring sessions.
Amazingly Positive Tutors
Number Works'nWords has made such a difference to our children's maths ability. They are both now really able with maths. Number Works'nWords have such amazingly positive tutors which I think makes all the difference to education and learning.
Tutors are Encouraging
Number works has made Maths learning fun for my son. His confidence has increased and he enjoys attending. The tutors are encouraging.
Both our children have attended NumberWorks'nWords for a number of years. We have found the staff to be positive, supportive and open with communication in regard to their tutoring. The goal was for both to be successful through NCEA Maths and this goal has been well and truly been met.