Some children find numeracy hard work. They struggle with mathematical concepts and often don’t like to ask for help in the classroom. For years we’ve been working with students who aren’t meeting maths achievement guidelines for their age. Our tutors help them to catch up and gain the foundational skills required for the more advanced learning that will come later. Watch Josh's Story
We often help students who are keeping up in some areas of maths, but failing in other areas. This can lead to a lack of confidence and the feeling that they’re ‘not keeping up with maths’. By identifying and targeting knowledge gaps, we help students to acquire the missing links that lead to confidence and success. Watch Jackie's Story
Children who find maths easy are our future mathematicians, scientists, engineers and inventors. They deserve as much attention as students who are struggling. If test results and school reports show that your child has a talent for numbers, we can create a program that accelerates and broadens mathematical learning. Watch Nadine's Story
About our maths tuition
- Our assessment process will identify strengths, weaknesses and gaps – information that allows us to develop a personalised tuition plan.
- Lessons are enjoyable, because we want children to look forward to after-school tuition.
- Students are involved with goal setting, which helps them to keep their eyes on the prize.
- We regularly report back to you, so you’ll know how your child is progressing.
- The content of our tutoring plans is linked to the school curriculum, so you can be certain that everything learned will be relevant and useful.
- Specific preparation for upcoming challenges, such as tests and exams, can be integrated with lesson plans.
- We offer advice that helps with revision plans and homework.
- We are happy to talk to the teacher about the tutoring program to complement work done at school.
- We’re fully conversant with the exam systems used across the country.
What people say about us
Enjoys going to tutoring
The team at NumberWorks'nWords have been wonderful to work with! Our daughters confidence and ability in Maths has really improved. She is now answering questions in her class at school without the uncertainty she once had. She enjoys going along to tutoring and even likes the homework!
T & R CRUICKSHANK
I highly recommend this service
My daughters have been attending NumberWorks'nWords for most of their primary and now their secondary schooling. One is good at maths but wishes to perform at the highest level. The tutoring has helped her to be top or near the top of her grade. My other child is not good at Maths but with the tutoring has been able to maintain above average marks and truly understand what she is learning. I highly recommend this service.
The commitment to improve my child's education was paramount to the NumberWorks'nWords teacher. He provided excellent feedback and made the task of learning interesting. He also provided my child with different strategies to aid in the learning process.
MR & MRS THOMPSON
Our daughter's experience at NumberWorks'nWords has been nothing but positive. She's been going every week for more than four years now and she has never once complained or said that she didn't want to go. Most importantly, though, NumberWorks'nWords has made her confident about her maths abilities which has made a HUGE difference to how well she is learning, both at school and at NumberWorks'nWords. I have already recommended NumberWorks'nWords to many other parents and I will continue to do so!