Josh struggled with mathematical concepts and as a result didn't like maths. We work with students like Josh all the time, helping them catch up and gain the foundational skills they need for the more advanced learning that will come later. Now Josh has gone up a level and he is really enjoying maths. Watch Josh's Story
Jackie thinks she is "no good at maths" and is embarrassed to put her hand up in class. We often help students who lack confidence by providing targeted lessons and practice they need to become truly proficient. A personalised NumberWorks'nWords learning plan has helped Jackie shine and allow her to answer questions in class with confidence. Watch Jackie's Story
Nadine has always done well in maths and wants to keep achieving high grades. At NumberWorks'nWords she gets the encouragement and carefully staged lessons she needs to surpass expectations. This year she achieved an A in her prelim exams and was really pleased with her result. Watch Nadine's Story
About our Maths Tuition
The tuition plan we develop for your child will be tailor-made to meet needs identified during the initial assessment.
- With input from you and your child, we set achievable goals.
- We regularly report back to you, so you’ll know how your child is progressing.
- The content of our tutoring plans is linked to the school curriculum to ensure everything learned will be relevant and useful.
- For older students, specific preparation for upcoming challenges, such as tests and exams, can be integrated with lesson plans.
- We offer advice that helps with revision plans and homework.
- Our experienced tutors use positive reinforcement and rewards to make sure the tutoring experience is enjoyable – fun even!
What people say about us
I can highly recommend NumberWorks'nWords. My 7 year old son has shown a strong improvement in his ability to do mathematical problems and more importantly, is gaining a confidence that will help him approach new challenges in the future.
C & D POOLE
The whole experience with Numberworks from enquiring about Maths Tutoring to enrolling and actively participating has been excellent. Results are being achieved and my daughter likes the tutors and is becoming more confident with her school work.
Enjoys going to tutoring
The team at NumberWorks'nWords have been wonderful to work with! Our daughters confidence and ability in Maths has really improved. She is now answering questions in her class at school without the uncertainty she once had. She enjoys going along to tutoring and even likes the homework!
T & R CRUICKSHANK
Since enrolling both my teenagers in NumberWorks&Words their performances in math at school has significantly improved, and what's even better, they both now enjoy the subject.