Josh struggled with mathematical concepts and as a result didn't like maths. We work with students like Josh all the time, helping them catch up and gain the foundational skills they need for the more advanced learning that will come later. Now Josh has gone up a level and he is really enjoying maths. Watch Josh's Story
Jackie thinks she is "no good at maths" and is embarrassed to put her hand up in class. We often help students who lack confidence by providing targeted lessons and practice they need to become truly proficient. A personalised NumberWorks'nWords learning plan has helped Jackie shine and allow her to answer questions in class with confidence. Watch Jackie's Story
Nadine has always done well in maths and wants to keep achieving high grades. At NumberWorks'nWords she gets the encouragement and carefully staged lessons she needs to surpass expectations. This year she achieved an A in her prelim exams and was really pleased with her result. Watch Nadine's Story
About our maths tuition
- Our assessment process will identify strengths, weaknesses and gaps – information that allows us to develop a personalised tuition plan.
- Lessons are enjoyable, because we want children to look forward to after-school tuition.
- Students are involved with goal setting, which helps them to keep their eyes on the prize.
- We regularly report back to you, so you’ll know how your child is progressing.
- The content of our maths tutoring plans is linked to the school curriculum, so you can be certain that everything learned will be relevant and useful.
- Specific preparation for upcoming challenges, such as tests and exams, can be integrated with lesson plans.
- We offer advice that helps with revision plans and homework.
- We are happy to talk to the teacher about the maths tutoring program to complement work done at school.
- We’re fully conversant with the exam systems used across the country.
What people say about us
Our daughter's experience at NumberWorks'nWords has been nothing but positive. She's been going every week for more than four years now and she has never once complained or said that she didn't want to go. Most importantly, though, NumberWorks'nWords has made her confident about her maths abilities which has made a HUGE difference to how well she is learning, both at school and at NumberWorks'nWords. I have already recommended NumberWorks'nWords to many other parents and I will continue to do so!
Both of my children have been going to Number Works' N Words Three Kings for two years and they have both enjoyed their maths tuition. They look forward to their lessons each week and it has helped in their school work and exams considerably with my eldest child passing NCEA Maths level 1 and Physics Level 2. The staff are always friendly, approachable and knowledgeable and engage both children at their own levels. I thoroughly recommend Number works 'n Words.
Now loves maths
NumberWorks'nWords has given my son the confidence to participate in the classroom in front of his peers. He has gone from a little boy that was disruptive in the classroom out of frustration, to a little boy that loves Maths and now says it one of his favorite subjects at school.
MR & MRS BARRETT
Friendly, caring staff
My son has shown great improvement in Maths since being tutored here. They are caring, friendly & approachable and show a genuine interest in my son's abilities and how to get the best out of him. My son actually enjoys his weekly tutoring sessions.