Josh struggled with mathematical concepts and as a result didn't like maths. We work with students like Josh all the time, helping them catch up and gain the foundational skills they need for the more advanced learning that will come later. Now Josh has gone up a level and he is really enjoying maths. Watch Josh's Story
Jackie thinks she is "no good at maths" and is embarrassed to put her hand up in class. We often help students who lack confidence by providing targeted lessons and practice they need to become truly proficient. A personalised NumberWorks'nWords learning plan has helped Jackie shine and allow her to answer questions in class with confidence. Watch Jackie's Story
Nadine has always done well in maths and wants to keep achieving high grades. At NumberWorks'nWords she gets the encouragement and carefully staged lessons she needs to surpass expectations. This year she achieved an A in her prelim exams and was really pleased with her result. Watch Nadine's Story
About our Maths tuition
- Our assessment process will identify strengths, weaknesses and gaps – information that allows us to develop a personalised tuition plan.
- Lessons are enjoyable, because we want children to look forward to after-school tuition.
- Students are involved with goal setting, which helps them to keep their eyes on the prize.
- We regularly report back to you, so you’ll know how your child is progressing.
- The content of our Maths tutoring plans is linked to the school curriculum, so you can be certain that everything learned will be relevant and useful.
- Specific preparation for upcoming challenges, such as tests and exams, can be integrated with lesson plans.
- We offer advice that helps with revision plans and homework.
- We are happy to talk to the teacher about the Maths tutoring program to complement work done at school.
- We’re fully conversant with the exam systems used across the country.
What people say about us
Better maths results
I have noticed my daughters gain more confidence in Maths at school and have achieved better results since attending NumberWorks'nWords.
Enjoys going to tutoring
The team at NumberWorks'nWords have been wonderful to work with! Our daughters confidence and ability in Maths has really improved. She is now answering questions in her class at school without the uncertainty she once had. She enjoys going along to tutoring and even likes the homework!
T & R CRUICKSHANK
I can highly recommend NumberWorks'nWords. My 7 year old son has shown a strong improvement in his ability to do mathematical problems and more importantly, is gaining a confidence that will help him approach new challenges in the future.
C & D POOLE
Now loves maths
NumberWorks'nWords has given my son the confidence to participate in the classroom in front of his peers. He has gone from a little boy that was disruptive in the classroom out of frustration, to a little boy that loves Maths and now says it one of his favorite subjects at school.
MR & MRS BARRETT