Josh struggled with mathematical concepts and as a result didn't like maths. We work with students like Josh all the time, helping them catch up and gain the foundational skills they need for the more advanced learning that will come later. Now Josh has gone up a level and he is really enjoying maths. Watch Josh's Story
Jackie thinks she is "no good at maths" and is embarrassed to put her hand up in class. We often help students who lack confidence by providing targeted lessons and practice they need to become truly proficient. A personalised NumberWorks'nWords learning plan has helped Jackie shine and allow her to answer questions in class with confidence. Watch Jackie's Story
Nadine has always done well in maths and wants to keep achieving high grades. At NumberWorks'nWords she gets the encouragement and carefully staged lessons she needs to surpass expectations. This year she achieved an A in her prelim exams and was really pleased with her result. Watch Nadine's Story
About our maths tuition
- Our assessment process will identify strengths, weaknesses and gaps – information that allows us to develop a personalised tuition plan.
- Lessons are enjoyable, because we want children to look forward to after-school tuition.
- Students are involved with goal setting, which helps them to keep their eyes on the prize.
- We regularly report back to you, so you’ll know how your child is progressing.
- The content of our tutoring plans is linked to the school curriculum, so you can be certain that everything learned will be relevant and useful.
- Specific preparation for upcoming challenges, such as tests and exams, can be integrated with lesson plans.
- We offer advice that helps with revision plans and homework.
- We are happy to talk to the teacher about the tutoring program to complement work done at school.
- We’re fully conversant with the exam systems used across the country.
What people say about us
NumberWorks’nWords has been really motivating for my granddaughter. She used to hate maths but gives everything a try now.
Now loves maths
NumberWorks'nWords has given my son the confidence to participate in the classroom in front of his peers. He has gone from a little boy that was disruptive in the classroom out of frustration, to a little boy that loves Maths and now says it one of his favorite subjects at school.
MR & MRS BARRETT
I love the way Number Works and Words have inspired my son to learn math and have made it fun for him. He actually looks forward to his lessons and has had such a boost in his overall personal confidence. That is, in itself priceless.
NumberWorks'nWords simply works. My daughter's results in Maths have gone through the roof, she enjoys going to her tutoring classes (something she has never done before!) and the staff are always helpful and friendly. I couldn't recommend them highly enough!