25 ways to ask your kids how school was today
... without actually asking them 'how was school today?'
It's the same every day - you collect your cherub from school and ask them how it went. The response rarely varies. 'Fine', 'Good', 'OK'.
You probe further, asking your mini munchkin what they actually did that day. 'Can't remember,' 'Not much, 'Don't know', 'Nothing really'.
BUT YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT TRUE!
You want to connect with your child/tween, but how?!!! ARGHHHH!
Do you need a PhD in child communication? Should you nail your kidlet to the floor until they have revealed the hour-by-hour occurances of their day, together with a list of what they learnt/who they played with/where they have left their socks?
Until now, the answer has been 'YES!', BUT ... PRAISE BE AND PASS THE BUTTER because Simple Simon and Company has compiled this AWESOME list of 25 ways to ask your kid how was school today - without actually asking them!!
Hopefully, asking one of these questions will elicit more than a grunt. We're willing to give it a try anyhow.
SO HERE WE GO ...
1. What was the best thing that happened at school today? (What was the worst thing that happened at school today?)
2. Tell me something that made you laugh today.
3. If you could choose who would you like to sit by in class? (Who would you NOT want to sit by in class? Why?)
4. Where is the coolest place at the school?
5. Tell me a weird word that you heard today. (Or something weird that someone said.)
6. If I called your teacher tonight what would she tell me about you?
7. How did you help somebody today?
8. How did somebody help you today?
9. Tell me one thing that you learned today.
10. When were you the happiest today?
11. When were you bored today?
12. If an alien spaceship came to your class and beamed up someone who would you want them to take?
13. Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never played with before?
14. Tell me something good that happened today.
15. What word did your teacher say most today?
16. What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
17. What do you think you should do/learn less of at school?
18. Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
19. Where do you play the most at recess?
20. Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
21. What was your favorite part of lunch?
22. If you got to be the teacher tomorrow what would you do?
23. Is there anyone in your class that needs a time out?
24. If you could switch seats with anyone in the class who would you trade with? Why?
25. Tell me about three different times you used your pencil today at school.Posted on 03/03/2016