Own and run a tutoring hub in your town
Now you can be both a teacher and a business owner, and still have time for your personal pursuits. With our tutoring hub model you get the lifestyle flexibility that comes with running a business from your own home. You’ll work with just four children at a time during one-hour sessions outside school hours, running as many sessions as you want in a week. Lesson prep is easy with our industry-leading software system.
With a NumberWorks’nWords tutoring hub, you can satisfy your entrepreneurial spirit, discover a more flexible lifestyle and be in charge of your own destiny, while enjoying the emotional rewards of helping children reach their potential.
- Enjoy the convenience of working from home or a location of your choice.
- Either supplement your income or earn a substantial and sustained income. Watch profitability grow as your roll increases.
- Work with a proven product that requires minimal lesson preparation time. Our unique combination of inspirational software and intensive teaching has a long track record (30+ years).
- Receive start-up support and advice to get your business going.
- Harness the growing demand for quality tuition. Increasingly, parents want to develop their child’s potential.
- Have access to marketing and advertising resources and support. You’ll benefit from our proven online and digital advertising activity, as well as flyers and school advertising material.
- Be part of a supportive network of other part-time tutoring hub owners who share ideas for success.
Territories for tutoring hubs are not exclusive, so you can select boundaries for your territory based on the needs of your community and your own business ambitions.
You can operate your tutoring hub from your home. All you’ll need is a table or series of desks large enough to accommodate four desktop or laptop computers. We recommend an environment where students won’t be interrupted by other family members (or pets!). The other option is to run your tutoring hub from premises in your town, such as a rented office space.
How it works
For a minimal investment you’ll have access to our world-acclaimed, curriculum-linked tutoring software, allowing you to deliver effective, individualised tutoring programmes for up to four students per session. The more sessions you run, the more income you make.
We have our own product development and IT teams. They are continuously updating existing software, developing new curriculum-linked learning programmes and maintaining support systems. Their expertise ensures NumberWorks’nWords tutoring hubs are always working with world-class, market-leading educational tools that complement national curricula.
Our initial training programme covers four days of intensive training with our training manager. You’ll also receive our comprehensive operating manual to ensure you are fully equipped to successfully operate and manage your new business. Online and telephone support is available to support you during start up and on an ongoing basis.
We can provide you with income projections for your first year, plus a revenue calculator to help with future planning.
The license fee for a tutoring hub is $10,000 for the first year, which includes your initial training. For subsequent years the license fee is $7,500 per year. This fee covers:
- Comprehensive training to prepare you for running your own tutoring business.
- Ongoing support and assistance to help you grow your business.
- NumberWorks’nWords exclusive teaching software for running after-school programmes.
- A purpose-built student database to help you manage the weekly roll, record student absences and make-up sessions and keep track of each student’s account. This database also assists with future planning and allows you to make performance comparisons with other licensees.
- Full student work recording systems. A comprehensive record is maintained for each student, to track progress and assist with preparing reports to parents. An advertising and marketing kit that has all the creative material you will need to attract students.
- A page on the NumberWorks’nWords website, to promote your tutoring hub.
- Regular training events to keep you up with new curriculum and tuition developments.
You will also need to pay an annual contribution of $250 for Google AdWords and SEO (search engine optimisation)